Ingredients to serve 4
• 6 small red or yellow potatoes
• 1 cup green beans, trimmed
• 1 head lettuce, chopped
• 1/2 cup olives
• 1/2 cup sliced tomato
• 1 15-ounce can chickpeas
• 1 tsp dijon mustard
• 1 tsp maple syrup
• 1 tsp dried dill
• Pinch sea salt
• 1 Tbsp unsalted sunflower seeds, toasted until golden
• 3 Tbsp minced shallot
• 1 heaping tsp dijon mustard
• 1 tsp chopped fresh thyme
• 1/3 cup white or red wine vinegar
• 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper
• 1/4 cup olive oil
1. Add potatoes to a small saucepan and add warm water until just covered. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat and cook uncovered for 10-12 minutes, or until completely tender when picked with a fork. Then drain thoroughly and let cool in the colander.
2. While potatoes are cooking, fill a medium saucepan halfway with water and bring to a boil. Then add green beans and boil for 2-4 minutes, or until bright green in color and only slightly tender. Once they’re done, drain and immediately refill the pot with ice and cold water to stop the cooking process. Drain and pat dry.
3. Add drained, rinsed chickpeas to a small mixing bowl, along with salt, mustard, maple syrup, dill, and sunflower seeds. Stir to combine and mash a few chickpeas to create texture.
4. Add dressing ingredients to a mason jar (or whisk in a small mixing bowl) and shake vigorously to combine.
5. To serve, layer the lettuce in a bowl, toss with potatoes, beans, tomato and dressing, then top with chickpeas and olives.